<$BlogRSDURL$>
...ramblings of a crazy mind
Monday, April 05, 2004
Want to travel…explore the world? Don’t you wish!
The injustice and down right stupidity of it all beggars description! Man, I’m a postgraduate with a steady job and my family for as many centuries as can be traced has had nothing to do with any sort of terrorist activities.
My grandfather passed away a couple of years ago in April and my grandmother is in Australia currently. Which is why she wanted all her children/grandchildren to come there for a memorial service. You think this might be a valid enough to visit a country. Nope. You are dead wrong.
At least in the eyes of the Australian consulate – whose employees are a bunch of brain dead, mean spirited shrews!
I had heard horror stories before from people regarding getting visas but didn’t really put any stock in it. I hold a decent job, I had supplied a letter from my boss clearly stating I worked there and would be resuming my duties in a month’s time. My uncle had sent his bank statement and other assortment of documents ‘requested’ by them. I had even submitted a photocopy of my credit card (why the fuck do they want that anyway?!?). So everyone presumed mum and me would be boarding a flight Australia bound come 9th of April.

Wrong.

No one accounted for ridiculous procedures and LIES. Yes lies.
Both mom’s and my visa have been rejected and each of us got a letter stating the reason.

Under Reason for Visa Refusal (dated 2nd April)

Mine says and I quote

This section details the requirement you did not meet.

You did not satisfy Subclause 676.221(2)(c), which reads that:

The applicant satisfies the Minister that the expressed intention of the applicant only to visit Australia is genuine.

You have applied for a short stay tourist visa for Australia.

In support of her application, you have provided employment letter from Shri Dinesh Roadlines. Checks conducted by the visa office reveal that you work at this place.
(yes, blatant disregard for basic grammar. “her application” “you work” all goes!!!)


I have carefully considered all this information, and based on your current personal circumstances I am not satisfied that your expressed intention in visiting Australia for a business visit is genuine and that you will not seek to remain, change your visa, work or overstay in Australia. Accordingly, your application is refused under Migration Regulation 676.221(2) (c)


And now my mum’s and again I QUOTE :

This section details the requirement you did not meet.

You did not satisfy Subclause 676.221(2)(c), which reads that:

The applicant satisfies the Minister that the expressed intention of the applicant only to visit Australia is genuine.

You have applied for a short stay tourist visa for Australia.

In support of her application, your daughter has provided employment letter from Shri Dinesh Roadlines. Checks conducted by the visa office reveal that she does not work at this place.

I have carefully considered all this information, and based on your current personal circumstances I am not satisfied that your expressed intention in visiting Australia for a business visit is genuine and that you will not seek to remain, change your visa, work or overstay in Australia. Accordingly, your application is refused under Migration Regulation 676.221(2) (c).

Firstly, how the fuck does it matter where I work or even if I work, for my mother to visit her brother?!
Secondly, business visit? Whose business? What the heck are these assh***s talking about? Obviously someone forgot to recruit ENGLISH literature people at the esteemed Australian consulate! I had stated, “I wish to visit Australia to attend my grandfathers memorial service”! But obviously trivial issues such as HARD FACTS have no bearing on their decision.
And settle there? In a country which was no better then a dumping ground for British criminals? Sure mate!

You cannot, and I mean CANNOT, speak with a human being if you call the consulate on the number printed (which has one digit wrongly printed! – intentional misrepresentation of the number with a view to mislead? I sooo friggin want to use that line on someone. Unfortunately I don’t have the financial muscle to take on the Australian consulate.) Even if one is smart enough to get the number sorted out, one has to dial the number and is forced to play the hugely popular IVR game. Randomly dialing all sorts of stupid numbers, which do nothing, other, then help you lose you mind. Slowly. God, how inefficient can an office be! After stretching my patience to the limit the gods of the IVR game decided to take mercy on me and I was allowed to speaking with a condescending, patronizing bitch. She tells me she is the manager, so I give her my passport number and tell her the story. She tells me, ya, your application was rejected because you don’t work!! Hello, I was sacked and neither my boss nor I have any, and I mean ANY, knowledge of the fact!? She won’t reveal whom the office spoke with on their ‘numerous checks’. She was bloody insufferable. And she isn’t even an Australian!
Finally managed to pry a ‘supervisors’ extension number.
But obviously the supervisor is not working today. And why should she?! Its only Monday after all. And she has only had Saturday and Sunday off. And the consulate only works from 9 in the morning to 5 in the evening. She must have suffered a bout of manic Mondays.

Maybe her Visa should be rejected based on the fact that I checked and she doesn’t work!!!

This is just fucking WRONG.

And what is even worse is, I can't do a fuckin thing about it!!!
Comments: Post a Comment