<$BlogRSDURL$>
...ramblings of a crazy mind
Tuesday, July 20, 2004
absconding!
...i am not!
absconding yet again that is! i truly meant to make writing my blog a more regular part of my life.... but time seems to just FLY by here (not that i'm having that much fun or anything... just that time just evaporates with me)
i can't believe it has been over 2 weeks in banglore! - don't ask me what i have seen so far, we'll come to that soon.
the blasted hotel the company has put us up in is located at some far off place - far, far, FAR, away from anything remotely fun. so the only time we can "see" the city and be close to civilisation is during the weekend!! (i use the term "we" VERY loosely here - both the weekends that went past saw me stayin over at a friend's place - who sweetly keeps insisting that i move in bag and baggage n attend office from there itself - considering their place is much closer to my office too! only trouble is my batch's feelings have been trampled upon too much - as they see it as me not spending any time with them! so i'm kinda caught in the middle there - much to my friends ire)
ah, so my dear readers are wondering what brings me - the hooky-playing-irregular-as-hell-these-days-blogger to our wonderful blog world?!? at the unearthly hour of 5:44 in the morning, no less!
well, our trainer has had to leave.... that is to say, has had to leave for the day as she has to be back for some sorta meeting in the morning at around 10ish and its not possible for anyone to stay up till 7 - when our training is supposed to get over - go home n get back to office by 10 in the morning AND be in office at 10:30 the same night to take another class! so the upshot of it all is we have some "free time"..
...er, well, ok not exactly free time. we are supposed to be doing things like self-study and research so that we don't flunk the forth coming (like TOMORROW) knowledge check!
ah well.... what will be will be..will be! the future is not ours to see!!
cannot be bothered about IPconfigs and ping tests nor do i feel any great curiosity about what a modem does... or how a router cum modem is superior to a plain ol modem.
let me tell ya bout our crazy weekend end!
on saturday morning i met up with yesha (yup, the pretty lady has come to b'lore too! as has namith!!...nope my friends don't go following me around - though that would be awesome! - they just happened to have other work here and made it down while i was here) yes, where were we? (i have this irritating habit of wandering off, don't i? just that its been ages since i caught up with you guys n i have a million lil ity-bity things i wanna share with ya. ....oh oh there i go again!!) going back, yea, i met up with yesha... who took me to a 'beauty palour' - which basically is a code word for torture chamber here in banglore! they tried to bleach my upper lip (actually the females there kept insisting like the dickens that i do my whole face, but i was real wary considering i hadn't ever tried anything like it on my face and have particularly sensitive skin, so upper lip it was) ...when the were done with me... the region around my mouth was a very angry pink... not to mention EXTREMLY sore!!
yesha assured me it was just a first time reaction n it would wear off within a few hours... i kinda hoped so too....
after a nice lunch of pizza (this pizza chain called 'u.s pizza' - good stuff!) sleep marked me for its own for a couple (yes, only two!) of hours...after which we headed of to some mall called Forum. The mall was a real nice (not to mention BIG) one...though i didn't really get much a chance to explore the place as not all my friends have a 5 day week (people working in other offices - better offices - infosys,wipro, etc!) so half of the gang was kinda pooped... headed straight for the food court..which has more then 14 types of crusines...
sunday morning saw us all seeing "my big fat greek wedding" in bed on a friends laptop... it was fun (n as i hadn't seen it before, i really liked it a lot!)
in the evening we went out shopping on this street called commerical street - the ONLY place i've really seen in banglore (have been dragged there 3 times!) and is a shopoholics dream come true...you have the roadside stall sellers india is so famous for jostling for space right along side posh designer show rooms..
picked up a couple of tops and a scented candle... lavender fragance.. haven't ever bought 'em before.. n am not entirely sure what i am going to do with the one i have either... don't think i can bring myself to light it!..that was the end of my shopping spree..(psstttt, so far.. am supposed to go to the blasted street tomorrow too - yesha is leaving town) ...am not sayin i didn't wanna buy more, but sadly things like bank balance has to be taken into account.
after the shopping we stuffed our faces at banglore's claim to 'authentic roadside cafe' - woodys.... n then headed over to a place called conner house - a desert palour (almost said ice-cream parlour)
....whoops, time up... need to rush else i'll miss the drop back to the hotel! toodle-oo n see ya soon ;o)
Comments:
Well done!
[url=http://rugnxvby.com/jzif/lvrx.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://jllagbfu.com/tomg/srig.html]Cool site[/url]
 
Nice site!
My homepage | Please visit
 
Nice site!
http://rugnxvby.com/jzif/lvrx.html | http://grdkpcwg.com/yhot/rshs.html
 
Post a Comment